Friday, September 14, 2007

The Greatest One

So tonight I watched a video I downloaded a few years ago called "The Mario Lemieux Show" plus the comeback video the Pens played on the jumbotron upon Mario's return called "Superstar". His highlights were truly something to behold.

But the thing is, after watching it, I find myself saying "as good as Sid is, he's no Lemieux"

Does anyone else find themselves saying this? Or Am I just too enamored with what Lemieux accomplished when I was younger to admit that Sid is as good as he was?

I'll let you decide.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

It's hard to compare Sid and Mario because their styles are(were) different, and the game has changed so much post-lockout. I don't think that you can truly compare the two until Sid has reached his peak as a player, which might not be for another 5 or 10 years.

By the way, great site :) I added you to my list of links...I hope that's cool.

Have a good one!