Wednesday, February 28, 2007

New Lines, New Gripes

It was announced today what the lines are going to be with the new players the Penguins acquired.

Roberts - Crosby - Recchi
Malone - Malkin - Ouellet
Staal - Talbot - Armstrong
Ruutu - Christensen - Laraque


All I can say is: good god.

There have been rumblings of Therrien being a Jack Adams candidate, and I can honestly it is things like this he shouldn’t win.

I don’t get it. I just don’t. Jordan Staal has flourished on the line with Malkin, yet for his good play he is awarded with a demotion? And now he is placed with two guys who cannot match his offensive abilities?

Michel Oullet, who continues to contribute nothing, is punished by keeping his spot? Therrien continues to show favoritism to Oullet, and is the only person who watches the Pens that can’t see that, and sadly he is the only one who can control the lines.

Erik Christensen, who plays much better in the top line role and struggles in the checking role, is moved to the 4th line?

Again, I have to reiterate my F grade to Ray Shero on the deadline for failing tor emove Oullet from this roster.

-Jordan

No comments: